Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Myth of Consistency

"Every time you try to perform at your best things are going to be different. From your body to the golf course no two times will be the same and you need to learn how to be aware enough to make the right changes and adapt to the variability."


Another sport related topic that I am pulling into teaching. The quote above comes from the link above which will navigate to a podcast regarding golf primarily. However, this is another perfect example of how you can transfer something from sport into the educational arena and how mindset is pretty much everything. I love teaching, but I've also coached volleyball for seven years and so anytime I discover something for my coaching I think, "how can I use this in the classroom?" With this particular post...there are infinite variables that you will encounter in every situation of life and you need to be able to adapt instead of developing a dependency on consistency. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment